Snippet Creator v0.5 released1 Comment
UPDATE: UI was improved a little.
Hi people, I decided to release this tool I’ve made to help during a project’s development.
This tool is made to simplify the task of creating batches of code snippets. It generates each XML snippet by completing some fields, and it can also generate the Visual Studio Installer (.VSI) file to integrate the package of created snippets to Visual Studio.
This tool was very useful in projects in which we developed Labs, which had tons of code snippets to simplify user’s lives. The tool makes this monotonous task a little simpler.
The application’s features are:
- Create a project: This creates a folder which will contains all generated code snippets.
- Create code snippets: Once you complete all the required fields it generates a .snippet file or updates it, if it is an already generated snippet.
- Generate VSI: Once you create all the snippets, this option generates an installer package that will automatically install the snippets into Visual Studio.
- Auto-complete: If this feature is enabled, the filename and shortcut of the snippet is auto-generated from the title. The name convention used is the one we use when developing labs.
- When you select a snippet in the list, you can edit it by double-clicking on it, or delete it by pressing the DEL key.
I intend to update this application to help people developing applications such as Labs or anyone who would like to use it. Feedback is welcome and also bug reporting.
The next features I will try to implement are:
- "Project management": Load, Save, Delete & Close Projects
- Improve the UI: It’s pretty basic now.
Testing the Visual Studio installer
You can download it from here: SnippetCreator.zip (temp hosting till I find a better place )
To use it just unzip the two files into a folder. e.g. "C:\SnippetCreator"
I Hope you like it;
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published.