Snippet Creator 1.0 released1 Comment
This tool is made to simplify the monotonous task of creating batches of code snippets. It generates each XML snippet by completing some fields, and it also generates the Visual Studio Installer (.VSI) file to integrate the package of created snippets to Visual Studio.
This tool was very useful in projects in which we developed Labs, which had tons of code snippets.
· Load/Save Project: You can save a project if you plan to change it later and load an existing project.
· Code Snippet Editor improved: The code editor was improved with syntax coloring depending on the selected language and line numbering. Thanks to Jonathan Cisneros for his valuable help on implementing this feature.
· Improved User Interface and Experience and fixed reported bugs.
· Code refactored: The code of Snippet Creator was improved a bit. I’ll plan on continuing doing this until the source code is released. Thanks to Julian Dominguez and Ezequiel Jadib for refactoring tips.
On the future I wish to implement:
· Loading a project from a .vsi file
You can download it from here: SnippetCreator.zip
To use it just unzip all files into a folder. e.g. “C:\SnippetCreator”
If you need further help on the tool please visit the first Snippet Creator post.
Remember that your feedback is very important.
I Hope you find it useful,
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published.