Prism 4.0 Drop 3 released2 Comments
We are early in the process of creating Prism 4.0 so we really need your feedback on the drop and on what you want for this version of prism.
The assets included in the drop are:
• QuickStarts (The QuickStarts are located in the QuickStarts folder):
◦ Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM). Note this QuickStart requires Silverlight.
◦ Modularity using Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF). WPF and Silverlight versions. Note that this QuickStart requires the .NET Framework 4.0.
◦ Modularity using Unity. WPF and Silverlight versions. Same functionality as the MEF Modularity QS, but using Unity as the dependency injection container.
• How to solutions: Simple MVVM: You can find beginning and ending solutions of a very simple MVVM application. This is provided to help you learn the MVVM pattern.
• Stock Trader Reference Implementation
• Documentation (CHM): Includes work-in-progress documentation created for Prism version 4.0.
Major Changes in this drop
• Modularity using Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) QuickStart. The ModuleManager class now implements the Async pattern.
• Modularity using Unity QuickStart. Added the Silverlight and Desktop versions of this QuickStart.
• Added the How to solution: Simple MVVM application.
• Added work-in-progress documentation – new topics only.
• MVVM QuickStart:
◦ Changed the Questionnaire service to be only asynchronous.
◦ Simplified the example, by removing the templates concept. There is a new QuestionViewModel<T> generic class. Every question type inherits from this class. The QuestionnaireViewModel creates a view model for each question using the QuestionViewModelFactory class that retrieves a new view model for each question based on its type. For more information, see the ViewModels/QuestionnaireViewModel.cs file.
◦ Simplified the INotifyDataErrorInfo interface implementation: Model errors are no longer stored in an IEnumerable instance provided by the ViewModel base class, but in an instance of the new ErrorsContainer class. This class contains the implementation of the INotifyDataErrorInfo interface and stores the errors in a Dictionary, where the key is the property name and the value could be of any type that represents the validation error of that property. For more information, see the Infrastructure/ViewModels/ViewModel.cs and the Infrastructure/ErrorsContainer.cs files.
Figure 1 -MVVM QuickStart
Hope this helps,
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published.