I’m a software developer with 15 years experience of professional experience programming for Windows. I’ve worked both as a consultant to major software corporations and spent 9 years at Microsoft as a Senior Development Lead.
In my career, I’ve worked on many projects and teams including:
- MSDN/TechNet – high-scale publishing and rendering services for Microsoft.
- MSDN/TechNet – Active Directory/Passport integration (auth/auth/profile) for Microsoft.
- MS-Individual – Enterprise CRM for Microsoft.
- MS.com ContentServices – high-scale content management services for Microsoft.
- MSN Messenger Service – Passport security and presence scalability for Microsoft.
- Multi-platform deployments – for GoAhead.
- Multi-server enterprise setup – for Microsoft BackOffice.
- Real-time multimedia coordination/streaming - for Vulcan NW.
- Exchange Server/Outlook – load simulation for Microsoft Exchange.
- Windows NT – Zero Administration Kit for Microsoft Windows NT 3.5
- Real estate software – Building integrated broker software for Latitude Resources.
My passions in software development include:
- C# and .NET – building better and more elegant code.
- WPF and Expression Blend – designing UI based on the user’s mental model.
- Applied design patterns – understanding which pattern to use and how to apply it in real apps.
- Software methodologies – uncompromising software in a Scrum development model.
- Software organization – how to map business, user, and software models into well engineered architectures.