Smart Client Software Factory (SCSF) GP source code with Installer that works on Visual Studio 2008 + SP113 Comments
A couple of months ago I announced in my blog that the P&P Sustained Engineering team had published an article in the SCSF Knowledge Base that describes the Known Issues and Fixes for the SCSF – April 2008 release running with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1.
The fixes for these issues included modifying the guidance package source code and register a custom one. So I decided to post the source code with the fixes including a setup project in order to create an installer for it.
Download it from here.
Disclaimer: This is not an official Microsoft release. Use it at your own risk.
Registering the Guidance Package using the installer
To register the guidance package using the custom installer performs the following steps:
- Open and build the GuidancePackage.sln solution to generate the installer.
- Navigate to the SmartClientFactorySetup\Debug folder.
- Close all instances of Visual Studio.
- Run the SmartClientFactoryPackageSetup.msi installer.
Note: If you are running on Vista with the User Account Control (UAC) activated, you must run the installer with the option Run as administrator.
Manually registering the Guidance Package
To manually register the guidance package perform the following steps:
- Open the GuidancePackage.sln solution.
Note: If you are running on Vista with the User Account Control (UAC) activated, you must open Visual Studio with the option Run as administrator.
- On the Tools menu of Visual Studio, click Guidance Package Manager.
- In the Guidance Package Manager dialog box, click Enable / Disable Packages.
- In the Enable and Disable Packages dialog box, select the Guidance Package Development check box.
- Click OK.
Enabling the Guidance Package Development allows you to register a guidance package.
- Close all other instances of Visual Studio.
- Right-click the SmartClientFactoryPackage project, and then click Register Guidance Package.
For more information you can check the following article:
Using the Fixed Guidance Package
Once you have installed/registered the guidance package, you will be able to use the Smart Client Development for SP1 package (see the image below).
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published.