Microsoft "Geneva" Framework – Changes between July’08 Beta & October’08 BetaNo Comments
Functionality area Major changes made Product Name
- “Geneva” Framework replaces “Zermatt”.
Claims Object Model
- ClaimsPrincipal.Current is replaced with Thread.CurrentPrincipal.
- Claims.Issuer is of type string instead of IClaimsIdentity.
- Authentication information is emitted as separate claims.
- Per call Instance.
- GetScope() is now abstract now.
- GetOutSubjects() renamed to GetOutputClaimsIdentity()
- Asynchronous programming added.
- T:Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.FederationAuthenticationModule refactored as T:Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.WsFederatedAuthenticationModule.
- New T:Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.SessionAuthentication module.
- Bootstrap token made available.
- Support for CardSpace V2 parameters: CardTile and AutoSubmit.
- AudienceURI is moved from token handler element.
- issuerNameRegistry element is introduced.
- Security Token Handler configurations added.
- New handlers for X509, username, Kerberos and RSA.
- Token handler interface no longer contains security token serializer or security token resolvers.
- Extension methods added for the channel factory in WCF.
- Added support for new harmonized federation metadata.
- New tool that supports registering an STS in an RP and publishing RP metadata.
- New service that converts non-Windows tokens to NT tokens.
- Registry entries are changed to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GenevaFramework\Default.
- Microsoft.IdentityModel.dll is added to the GAC.
- “Geneva” Claims to NT Token Service (GTS) is added to the service control manager.
More info, here
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published.